- About Us
- Business Intelligence
- Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk (ERM)
- Internal Audit
- Information Risk
- Fraud Risk
- Operational Risk
- Reputation Risk
- Service Brochures
- Human Capital Services
- Contact Us
Risk Solutions for Banks
The likely problem
1. Banks in India, especially National and Government supported banks, have a very large network of branches across which business is conducted. These branches operate using Corporate business policies and procedures that were drafted many years ago and are using technologies that are either old or patched.
2. Further, the visibility in the lending transactions for these banks is low due to poor aggregation, categorization and analytical tools used. I am not sure, but when all loans across India are aggregated at Corporate, would the HO have a clear understating of risk and reward areas.
3. The control framework for lending and other commercial activities is, in some places excessive, such as banking applications taking exceedingly long time for approval. Sometimes, the controls are non existent in some portions of the business process that could subject the transaction to undue exposure.
RiskPro Consulting’s Risk SolutionsA few areas that Riskpro can deliver effectively and within reasonable time
and costs are:
1.Exposure Analytical Tools- Many banks have good processes for liability side transactions such as acceptance of deposits, Treasury functions. They need improvements in the asset side, or the lending side. With the assistance of risk technology, exposure analytical framework can be developed that will integrate operational risk with visibility in the lending transactions. Through the exposure analysis, credit risk management, that the banks already have in place, will be refined. Transactions can be sliced in a number of operational, strategic and regulatory ways.
2. Operational Risk Assessment- Through review of corporate policies and procedures, Riskpro will be able to introduce enterprise wide controls where they are non existent and eliminate duplicate controls. Controls in one department, when viewed as a single BU, may be adequate and necessary, but when viewed as a corporation, may overlap and be excessive. Such review can be very effective and the foundation for other areas for the company such as Risk Management Dept, internal audit, Corporate Governance.
3. Out-sourcing assistance with Credit Risk Management and Modeling- If some of the banks are performing credit risk assessment, management and modeling internally or with the help of a few external consultants, Riskpro can provide hands for such function. The team will be supervised by Bank’s employees, but will be able to do intensive research and introduce best practices. More like outsourcing.
4. Review of business policies and procedures- Again, more of lending hands, we can get in to review a portion of the business policies and redefine keeping in mind the overall Enterprise wide risk Management. So, we would rewrite paragraphs that hinder an integrated risk framework